Monday, July 4, 2011

Style Icons

One question a lot of people ask me is, who is your fashion icon? I always find this question hard to answer as I don't have one icon, I have many. 

I love my nan's attitude to style, she is in her 70's yet still wears wasted belts, long layered necklaces, sequins, glitter and bright colours (sometimes I think I am her but just younger!!), I love the old Italian man who lives in my street. I am not sure on his age but it would be somewhere in the 60's-70's bracket. He goes for a walk twice a day and without fail wears his nicely shined loafers, a pressed bright button up shirt and a groovy lacoste jacket. He always comments on my outfits when we see each other, however he definitely beats me hands down each time! I also love children's attitude to clothing, my partner Michael is an uncle 9 times over and many of his nieces are so colour co-ordinated and outlandish it always inspires me to think outside the square. 

Off course I do have a few people who are famous, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Jackie O would have to be my all time favourites. These women to me signify just how beautiful a woman is. Whether it be a gorgeous dress, the perfect sunglasses or who can forget those pearls. These are the items that once graced the clothes horses of yester year  now make up the staples women today's wardrobes. 

Here are some of my favourite pictures of Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy. Enjoy xo

















No comments:

Post a Comment