Friday, June 3, 2011

1950’s Cocktail Parties


If there is one thing that I would love to do this year it is to host a 1950’s cocktail party and bring back cocktail hour. I love seeing these scenes in old black and white movies, they look so glamorous. The women are so chic in their below the knee dresses, hair perfectly pinned and the men look impeccable in their suits with beautifully polished shoes.  What would be your perfect outfit?

You can only imagine how much fun they would have been, filled with delicious canapés, champagne and martinis, beautifully dressed men and women and I’m sure lots of great music and dancing! But what cocktail party wouldn’t be complete without the infamous drinks trolley or cocktail cabinet. I would kill to have one of these in my dining or lounge room! They have so much character and look so stylish. I have managed to find during my op shopping adventures a beautiful crystal decanter and stunning ice bucket like the picture below for next to nothing. I just need some martini glasses and a trolley and I will be set! Below are some of my favourite pictures. Enjoy xo













1 comment: